For regular RGB cameras we do not yet have an official recommendation. Most off-the-shelf USB cameras should work.
Depth cameras capture a distance value for each pixel in addition to the usual RGB color value. For depth cameras, Vision only supports the Intel RealSense D415 depth camera (which can be procured directly from Intel).
USB Cables for Depth Cameras
For the Intel depth camera, the maximum cable length is 6m. The length of the cable that ships with the camera (1m) plus the length of one of the following USB extension cables:
- 5m CableCreation USB 3.0 extension cable (available at Amazon US or Amazon Germany)
- 2m or 3m Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (available at Amazon US or Amazon Germany)
Please do not use other extension cables, as they are not officially supported.
We do currently not offer official guidance regarding mounting cameras on your shop floor. However, for test setups we frequently use the following three parts from Manfrotto that give a mounting extension of 84cm (33in):
- Manfrotto 196AB-3 Single Arm 3 Section
- Manfrotto 035 Super Clamp
- Manfrotto 143BKT Camera Bracket
Learn how to configure your camera:
Learn more about Vision's detectors: