We're excited to announce the release of the Tulip Desktop Player version 2.2.0.
Version 2.2.0 of Desktop Player will be available for download by 9:00PM ET tomorrow (May 6th, 2023)! If you have auto updates enabled, the Desktop Player application will update in the background and changes will take effect the next time the application is restarted. Alternatively, you can manually initiate the update process from the file menu. Alternatively, you can manually initiate the update process.
Please visit the Tulip Community Page to share your thoughts, or ask any questions about this release.
Feature Enhancements and Improvements
- Windows Desktop Player now supports Azure AD for Single Sign-On (SSO). This will help align Tulip Desktop Player access with customers' broader IT frameworks and processes.
- Support for advanced serial port options such as flow control, parity, data bits and stop bits in the Serial (Player Only) driver. To learn more about how to configure these settings, please read the announcement for Factory 252.
- Enable using grayscale and GigE Basler cameras with Tulip Vision. This give customer more choices when selecting a camera for their Vision application.
Bugs Fixes and Performance Improvements
- Miscellaneous security patches for Chromium.
- Fixed a bug on Player where model urls are not updated, leading to custom models failing at runtime.
- Resolved bug where camera properties/resolutions were not being reported to Factory
- Added vendor name as part of the default camera name and tooltip in station page
Full List of Ticket ID included in Release
If you are tracking any of these tickets and would like more details, please contact Tulip Customer Support via email@example.com or live chat through your instance.