Reset Edge IO to Factory Settings
Instructions to reset your Edge IO to factory settings
In the event of a forgotten Edge IO Password, or other need to restore to factory settings, follow the steps below to reset the Edge IO.
This will reset the Edge IO to its default configuration by purging:
- Network Configurations
- Edge IO Access Credentials
- Tulip Account Authentication
- Driver Configurations
- Node-RED Flows and Configuration
The Edge IO’s IP address may also change after a factory reset.
A factory reset is the only way to reset your Edge IO’s password:
- Verify the Edge IO is not actively controlling any devices
- Hold down the A and B buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. The heartbeat LED (HRTBT) will stop flashing.
- Release buttons. The device will now reboot
- When the heartbeat LED turns back on, the Edge IO has completed the reset process.
- Set up the Edge IO
Did you find what you were looking for?
You can also head to community.tulip.co to post your question or see if others have faced a similar question!
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Our team will get back to you
How can we improve this article?
Character limit : 500