Google Translate Connector
Integrating Tulip with Google Translate API
Google Translate API allows the users to get supported languages and translates to the targeted language with the right access set to their google accounts. The goal of this connector is to integrate with Google Cloud Translate V3 Api with Tulip using HTTP Connectors & provide customers with an out-of-box connector that can be imported into their instance.
We are going to highlight different HTTP connector functions that can be built by doing HTTP calls to Google Cloud Translator V3 API endpoints to interact with the Google Cloud Translator to try out various translating actions on the cloud translator that could be leveraged for various use cases.
- Create an account on Google's cloud Console & configure the OAuth 2.0 credentials. More information can be found in Google's API docs.
- Activate the Google Cloud Translator API in the Google API Console.
Tulip Connection Details
The following information would need to be configured on Tulip's connectors.
- Running On: Cloud Connector Host
- Host: translation.googleapis.com
- Port: 443
- TLS: Yes
- Authentication: OAuth2.0(Admin/Operator)
- Following are the scopes needed:
Translate Text from Source to Target Language
This connector will translate the text from the source language to the target language.
HTTP POST call to the endpoint
The following are the parameters that are sent as the Request Body
- Target Language- Target Language to translate
- Text - The Text to Translate
Required Output Extractor
- Translated Text: The Translated text from source to the target language.
- Source Language: The Source Language
- Additional parameters that are returned with the response can be included as part of the output parameters