Setting up a Tulip I/O Gateway
**On November 1, 2021, Tulip will no longer sell I/O Gateway devices, this article still applies to Edge IO and Edge MC devices. Learn More
Here's how to set up a new Tulip Gateway for the first time.
Here's how to set up a Tulip I/O Gateway using the Gateway Portal. In order to set up a gateway, you need:
- To be an administrator of a Tulip account
- Google Chrome
- Power Outlet
- Wired Ethernet Connection
The Tulip I/O Gateway box includes:
- Tulip I/O Gateway
- Wi-Fi USB dongle
- 24V Power Supply
- 3-foot Ethernet cord
Connect the I/O Gateway to Power
- Plug in Wi-Fi USB Dongle into an available USB Port.
- On opposite side, plug in wires for power.
- Plug other end into a power outlet
- Verify two lights above the pins are on
- On USB side, verify green light is blinking (may take up to 30 seconds)
- Plug Ethernet cable into Ethernet jack
- Plug other end into active Ethernet outlet
Once you are done registering the I/O Gateway, it is time to setup the Factory Kit USB Devices.