Setting up a Tulip I/O Gateway
**On November 1, 2021, Tulip will no longer sell I/O Gateway devices, this article still applies to Edge IO and Edge MC devices. Learn More
Here's how to set up a new Tulip Gateway for the first time.
Here's how to set up a Tulip I/O Gateway using the Gateway Portal. In order to set up a gateway, you need:
- To be an administrator of a Tulip account
- Google Chrome
- Power Outlet
- Wired Ethernet Connection
The Tulip I/O Gateway box includes:
- Tulip I/O Gateway
- Wi-Fi USB dongle
- 24V Power Supply
- 3-foot Ethernet cord
Connect the I/O Gateway to Power
- Plug in Wi-Fi USB Dongle into an available USB Port.
- On opposite side, plug in wires for power.
- Plug other end into a power outlet
- Verify two lights above the pins are on
- On USB side, verify green light is blinking (may take up to 30 seconds)
- Plug Ethernet cable into Ethernet jack
- Plug other end into active Ethernet outlet
Register the gateway to your Tulip Account
Once you are done registering the I/O Gateway, it is time to setup the Factory Kit USB Devices.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Our team will get back to you
How can we improve this article?
Character limit : 500