You may be looking to transform you work instruction into digital form for a handful of reasons. Maybe you want to extract knowledge from a subject matter expert and keep it in a centralized database. Maybe you want to reduce the amount of human errors when entering data. Maybe you want to see data in real time and track time and defects against a given work order. Maybe you want to be able to have the data easily searchable and filterable for an audit, etc. There are lots of benefits to moving work instructions into a digital space. Tulip offers two main approaches to doing so:
- Static Work Instructions
- Dynamic Work Instructions
Static Work Instructions are great for someone looking for speed and simplicity. You can throw together an application for static work instructions within minutes and have it running on your floor. Each task is it's own literal step in Tulip and you can updated and edit the text in real time. The downsides is that it requires a lot of manual updating. If you are looking for scalability and to move hundreds and thousands of work instructions into digital format, check out our dynamic work instruction solution.
To get started with static work instructions:
- Download the application from https://tulip.co/library/apps/static-work-instruction/
- Add Jobs into the *Jobs Table. see 'Creating a New Record' here
- Click on Step 1 (1. Verify Parts)
- Edit Text/Images within the step
5. Rename the Step
6. Order the Steps
7. Click on 'Quality Event Form'
8. Edit Reason fields
- Use trigger logic to route your steps in different orders based on an attribute in the job
- Remove the 'Select Job' step and just use the Search bar on the Player Menu to search for app by Instruction Name
More questions or feedback? Find us in Community: https://community.tulip.co/t/library-open-discussion/1453