In this article, you will learn:
- How to add machine types to group your machines
- How to add Attributes/Downtime Reasons/States from the Type page
Machine Types allow you to group machines by brand or functionality.
This guide will help you set up these two data structures before you start adding individual machines.
Setting Up Machine Types
After you have configured Attributes, Downtime Reasons, and States, you are ready to create a new machine type and assign these values to it.
Choose "Machine Types" from the dropdown in the top left of the screen.
Then, choose "Create Type" in the top right.
Name the new machine type by clicking the name in the top left of the screen.
You can set up four different data tracking tools for each machine type:
- States, which allow you create an activity history of each machine that can be analyzes in the Analytics Builder
- Downtime Reasons, which define the cause of a machine entering a state not marked as "Uptime".
- Attributes, which are previously defined attributes that can be linked to machines of this type.
- Machine Triggers, which allow you to update the state of the machine based on the value of an attribute
States, Downtime Reasons, and Attributes should already exist from their appropriate pages. However, you can also create these from the Types page as well.
In the Machine Type, select the Edit button in the top right to begin working on the Type.
When selected, you will have the option to add States, Downtime Reasons, Attributes, or Triggers.
Clicking the "+" on any of the left side items will prompt a pop-up. This pane holds all of the states, downtime reasons, and attributes previously created in their respective centralized pages. The following will display an example by adding a Downtime Reason within this page.
If you've already created Downtime Reasons in the central page, they will appear in the pane on the right side of the screen. If not, this pane will be empty like the image above. To create a new Downtime Reason in either case, select the bottom Create Machine Downtime Reason Button.
Select a Color and a Name for the reason, then select Create to add your new Downtime Reason. This will add the Downtime Reason to the Type and the Machine Downtime Reasons page.
In the case that all the values already exist, the modal will be filled with options to add to the Machine Type. For example, an Attribute addition may look like this:
These triggers allow you to create rules for updating states.
Here's an example:
- "Machine Attributes" "peluga" ">" "Static Value" "Number" "10" "in last" "30 seconds"
- "Set Activity History" field: "State" value: "Enum" "Running"
This will set the state of the machine to "Running" any time the value of the attribute "Peluga" is greater than 10 in the past 30 seconds.
Copy Machine Types
On the Machine Types Page, click the 3 dots on the side and Copy the Machine Type. All of the triggers, states, downtime reasons, and attributes from the original will be referenced in the copied Machine Type. When you edit the triggers, states, downtime reasons, and attributes in the copied machine type, the original will not change.