There are many ways to view the live status of a variable in Tulip. One way is to use the Gauge visualization. This is a "progress bar" that shows the progress towards a preset maximum value.
Here is how to use it.
Adding and Editing a Gauge Widget
From the Tool Bar, choose the "Embed" option and then the Gauge widget.
Then, you will see a series of options in the Context Pane to customize the widget:
- Variable: choose the number or integer variable that you would like to visualize in this gauge
- Font Size: Change the font size of the labels
- Font Color: Change the font color of the labels
- Minimum: The minimum possible value for the variable
- Maximum: The maximum possible value for the variable
- Marker Color: The color of the marker that shows the current value of the variable.
- Background Color: Color of the space between maximum and minimum values
- Fill Color: Color for the "filled" part of the gauge