Here's a quick video summary of Tulip:
Welcome to your Tulip account!
Now that you’re logged in, let’s take a look around.
Tulip has three main tools: Dashboards, Apps and Shop Floor.
- Dashboards is where you go to display/edit analytics and create/update alerts associated with KPIs
- Apps is where you create and edit manufacturing apps and Connector functions associated with them
- Shop Floor is where you administer displays that are running the Tulip Player and their associated IoT devices
Each tool can be accessed directly from any screen in Tulip by using the Menu Bar, which is at the top of the application. Let's go over each of the main screens.
The dashboard screen is used to display charts, tables and graphs that visualize data collected by Tulip Apps. Using the “Dashboards” option in the Menu Bar, you can add a new chart/analysis or simply choose an existing one to add to your dashboard. In addition, you can create alerts based on your production requirements.
If you want to learn more about how to use analytics and build dashboards we recommend checking out the Analytics section of the Knowledge Base.
The Apps tab provides you with two main options:
- Apps: Where you can create new apps, edit existing apps, create new analytics, and manage versions & permissions of various apps.
- Connectors: the Connectors page allows administrators to configure communication with external systems (such as SQL servers or ERP/MES systems) and run connector functions to pull or push data to an external database.
If you are building or managing Tulip apps, you will probably spend most of your time in the Apps tab. All of the apps in your account are listed along the left, known as the Navigation Pane. Clicking an app opens up the various options specific for that app.
Within a specific app view, the available tabs are:
- Steps - where you create, view and modify the various steps of this application.
- Analytics - where you create, view and modify analytics and visualizations using data collected from this application.
- Versions - is used to view and manage versions of this application. For example, when you are creating or modifying an application, it is considered a Development Version. Before putting it in production, you should publish it to prevent any inadvertent changes from being pushed to the production floor.
Note: You can modify rules around versioning with our Approvals feature.
- Completions - enables you to view and export data that your app has collected.
- Permissions - is where you can control a Tulip user’s permissions to modify or publish this application.
The Shop Floor tab gives a high level view of the workstations running Tulip in your facility. It enables you to view which apps are running, where they are running, and by whom. Associated players and gateways can be assigned to specific workstations. You can also control a workstation’s time zone from here.
Within the Shop Floor, you can also set up machine monitoring in the Machines tab.
In addition to these 3 main screens, there are 4 other important features accessible from the Menu Bar:
- Settings > Users
- Recent Activity
- Your Profile
Settings > Users
Within your Settings, you will see a tab for Users. Here you can access a list of all the users, viewers and operators registered to your Tulip account. This is also where you would go to invite other teammates to your Tulip account. The information that you can access from this tab as a user are:
- The name of the User.
- The email address used to register.
- Phone number (optional) of the User.
- Badge ID of the User.
- Date on which the User was added and when they last logged in
You can use this tab to view recent activity within your Tulip account. This is a powerful tool to see what is happening in your operation and get a complete list of all actions taken within the Tulip product. More details here.
Access it with the cardiogram icon in the top right of the menu bar.
Help button provides access to the following features:
- Live Chat - Get in touch with one of our Support Team members who can help you with any concerns in real time.
- Support Request - Generate a ticket with any supporting images or documentation to ensure you receive the appropriate assistance. This creates an easily accessible email chain of all related actions, making it easier to trace related material in the future.
- Knowledge Base - This is where you can review documentation about building manufacturing apps.
- Download Player - You can download the Tulip Player by clicking on this option and following the instructions as they appear.
- Community - Check out the Tulip Community, an active forum of Tulip users
Access the Help menu with the question mark icon.
Your profile gives you access to the following features:
- My Profile - You can update your name, phone number and Badge Id here.
- Settings - The settings menu is used for additional configuration of the Tulip account (if you have the "Account Owner" role)
Congratulations! You know your way around your Tulip account.
Now, let's talk about how to learn the basics of app building. The article "Running an Application" is the next stop.
Did you find what you were looking for?
You can also head to community.tulip.co to post your question or see if others have faced a similar question!