The Kolver Torque Controller is a hardware device which controls the torque/force used while securing a screw. The underlying assumption of this article is that the Kolver controller has been configured with the required programs and drivers. This configuration is done via the Kolver controller and not via Tulip.
The Kolver can interact with a Tulip IoT Gateway and not directly with the tablet/device being used to run the Tulip App.
The Phoenix Contact connector wire configuration required at the Kolver is as follows:
Plug in the Phoenix Contact connectors to the Kolver as depicted in the images below.
In accordance to the image above, the Left connector connects to bank - CN3 on the back of the Kolver-EDU-2AE-TOP-E and the connector on the right connects to the bank - CN2 bank on the back of the Kolver.
The Phoenix Contact connector wire configuration required at the Tulip IoT Gateway is as follows:
Plug in the Phoenix Contact connectors to the Tulip IoT Gateway at Digital Input bank A (or B) as depicted in the image below:
Once you have completed the necessary hardware connections, check the Sequence settings on Kolver. In order to do this, use the settings option on the Kolver-EDU-2AE-TOP-E:
- Go to Main Menu → Sequence setting on Kolver screen
- Navigate to Ext box and ensure that it is on
- If Ext box is off, use the arrows to change the settings and hit OK
Once the Kolver is connected to the Gateway, ensure that the gateway is assigned to your Tulip Station by navigating to the Shop Floor tab in Tulip on Google Chrome, as shown below.
On the Shop Floor, the Gateway connected will be associated with a green icon
Drag and drop the gateway into the desired station. In our example, the desired station is Knowledge Base Testing.
The Kolver is now ready to be configured in the Tulip App Builder. Kolver actions can be triggered both as a Step Trigger as well as Button Trigger.
The following steps will guide you through setting up a Kolver action in Tulip.
1. Ensure that you are on the desired Step where the trigger is to be added.
2. Add the trigger by clicking on the plus icon next to "Triggers" in the Context Pane.
3. Name the trigger by filling out the title at the top of the Trigger Editor.
4. Set the Event.
- Select "step is opened" in the drop-down menu
5. Set an Action:
- Click the "Add New Action" button on the right side of the window in the "Then" section
- Select the desired action you want to execute. In this example, the aim to run Program 3 on the Kolver. So, select "Run Device Function", "Kolver" and "Run Program" in the dropdown menu.
- Select "Static Value", "integer" and 3 from the following drop-down menus
- "Save" the trigger once you are done
6. As a verification step, launch the Tulip Player using the “Run” button in the App Builder and verify the the expected action is executed by the trigger and that the appropriated Kolver program was run.
Note:The assumption made here is that the Kolver has been programed with multiple jobs using the Kolver interface.