Learn more about the capability of the Display Devices Page in your Tulip App Editor.
The “Display Devices” page allows for creation and management of all Display Devices in the Workspace or the Tulip Account.
The Display Device Page allows:
Listing all Display Devices
Search across Display Device Name, Station Name or Station Group Name
Filter across fields of the display device such as
- Online status
- Station Assignment
- Station Group Assignment
- Software Info
- Registration Status
Create one or multiple Display Device(s) and share the Registration Links for them.
Export all device information as a CSV file
The Display Device page is available under the Shop Floor navigation menu.
The Display Device page has a table with all relevant information of the device.
Name of the Display Device. The count of Display Devices matching the search and filter is available in the “Name” column header.
The link to the station to which the Display Device is assigned to.
Name of the Station Group to which the Station belongs.
Registration Information for the device. Possible values are:
- Manually completed at device: The Display Device was manually registered by an admin from the Tulip Player application.
- Via Link: The Display device was registered using a Registration Link.
- Share Link: Opens a modal containing the Registration Link that can be used to complete registration.
Software and version information of the Display Device.
Online status of the device. Possible values are:
- Pending: The Display Device is created and has a Registration Link but the link has not yet been used to complete the registration.
Export as CSV
The Download icon in the top header allows exporting the data in the table as a CSV file. This respects any search and/or filters that are set.
Creating a Single Display Device
The “Create Display Device” button in the top header opens a modal that can be used to create a new display device and supports the following use cases:
- Create a new Display Device and a new Station
- Create a new Display Device and a new Station and a new Station Group for the Station.
- Create a new Display Device and assign to an existing Station
This creates a new Display Device in a “Pending” status. The Registration column has a “Share Link” button that shows the Registration Link that can be used to complete registration.
For sites using Badge ID based login for Operators:
The Registration Link for the Display Device can be used only once. The link expires on first use.
For sites using LDAP/SAML based login for Operators:
Sites using LDAP/SAML based login for Operators have the additional option in the modal to make the Registration Link reusable.
By unchecking this checkbox, the Registration Links can be used any number of times.
For more information on using Registration Links, click here.
Creating Multiple Display Device
Multiple Display Devices can be created in one shot. This is handy if you plan to roll out many Display Devices, Stations and Station Groups.
The “Create Multiple Display Devices” modal can be opened by clicking on the “Multiple” option within the dropdown menu in the top header.
The “Create Multiple Display Devices” modal has three long vertical fields where you can specify the list of Display Devices, their corresponding Stations and Station Groups line by line.
The “Display Device Name” and “Stations” field must have the same number of rows.
The entries in the “Display Device Name” and “Stations” cannot have duplicates and also cannot already exist.
The entries in the “Stations” field are always newly created. You cannot use this to assign the new Display Device to an existing Station.
For “Station Group” field:
- Can be left blank in which case the newly created Stations will be ungrouped.
- Can be an existing Station Group name in which case the newly created Station will be assigned to the existing Station Group.
- The number of rows should either be 1 (in which case all newly created Stations will be assigned to the Station Group) or must match the number of rows in the Stations field.
If you wish to configure App Assignments for the newly created Stations, it is recommended to specify a Station Group (new or existing) and configure the App Assignment at a Station Group level so all Stations within the Group inherit the App Assignment.
To learn more about Station Group App Assignments, click here